June 2, 2014

The LA lifestyle

I don't know about you, but I don't like LA very much. Probably because I have to drive there from San Diego. I think that if I lived in Los Angeles, I might hate it more...

For example, I am driving home from Santa Monica (don't worry, I'm dictating this to Siri). And it has taken me almost an hour to get from interstate 10 to interstate five. Of course, I made the mistake of leaving at 3:13 PM.

I mean who has the type of job that will let them leave it at 3:00, or even 2:00 PM? Oh wait, I guess I do. As an actor I can pretty much come and go as I please, until I get cast.

People who come from Los Angeles to San Diego for auditions are usually flabbergasted. I just look at them and laugh. We San Diegans travel to Los Angeles much more frequently than Los Angelenos travel to San Diego.

We know you need to give three hours for traffic and accidents and pee pee. Space that or take what Google tells you is the time it takes to get there and add one hour.

I once drove three hours to Los Angeles, there was a an accident, then did a two-minute audition, after a two hour wait, then drove three more hours back to San Diego.

I did not get that job.

The nice thing about blogging in your car is, people in Los Angeles think you're talking to your agent. And, when the traffic stops I can do quick edits. All I have to do is wait for the horn and I'm back on the move.

If you are reading this on Facebook, I will try to comment with the time I actually arrived in San Diego. I am supposed to be at a casting call that stops at 7:00 PM in San Diego. We shall see…