April 11, 2013

It's Hard Out Here for a Plush

Super Grover: Pretty cool but I still miss Knitted Grover and hope he will understand
I was looking for Grover last night. Long story in which I found Super Grover, and bought him, but it's just not the same as my old knitted Grover of years ago. Not so many as you might think and, therefore, there is no excuse for loosing him.

So... this is an apology, or a series of them. To the person who gave me Grover, forgive me for not remembering that you did this and, probably, for not thanking you. To the person I gave Grover to, forgive me for not remembering you -- and for wanting him back. To Grover, please forgive me for all of it: not remembering, abandoning, not missing, all of it until last night when I remembered how my drinking affected so many -- including knitted Grovers who deserved so much more love. To Super Grover, for what I'm sure you will feel; that I love another Grover better. To myself for all of it. Perhaps, if it was meant to be, knitted Grover might come back to me.

 If you know me and the Grover of which I speak -- and have a better memory than I -- I would appreciate very much seeing old knitted Grover again.